Saturday 25 January 2014

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation Review

Hi, recently i needed a new high street foundation and I have seen a lot of positive reviews on Rimmel London's wake me up foundation. So i thought i would do a review myself, I have been using this foundation for a week now. I can honestly say i am in love with it and its better than the previous foundations I have purchased!


Firstly the packaging isn't my favorite because its very vague and I love pretty and girly makeup packaging. However i do love the orange colour because it is bright and it is easy to find in my makeup bag. There are 6 shades, available and I have the shade 103 true ivory. I tried soft beige when I was in the store but I found it was slightly to dark for me; I think that the 103 true ivory is a perfect match for my skin tone. The foundation isn't matte but it isn't a shinny foundation and i'm not a fan of shinny foundation for an everyday makeup look. It has a slight glow to it, which gives you a healthy and radiant glow. It is a liquid foundation so it is easy to apply to your skin using a brush or your fingers. Personally i think that £8.99 for foundation is reasonable if you wear it everyday, but i don't wear foundation everyday as I only wear it on days when i need good coverage but I was happy to pay the price because I have seen good reviews about the product.

I think that this foundation has a great coverage for me, I do have bad skin and this foundation covers my imperfections on my face. This foundation also last all day long, but you must put a powder on afterwards to set the foundation, I use Rimmel London stay matte powder and this is another fantastic Rimmel product.

   Before 

After: just the foundation, no concealer or powder 

Thanks for reading i'll be trying to post every week hope you enjoyed this blog. This is just my opinion on the product and i know not everyone will love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment